On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> Over and over again I have problems with newcomers to Lua who have
> read PiL 1 because it is rumored to be a great book and first edition
> is freely available. They use deprecated features, and in general have
> problems with those tiny differences in language. (I do not
> exaggerate, this happens with like 80% of newbies I work/communicate
> with, and I work with relatively many people.)
>
> I humbly ask Lua team to stop confusing people and remove PiL 1 from
> free access.
>
> Furthermore, please do not open access to PiL 2 when PiL 3 would be published.
>
> Alexander.

May I not-so-humbly ask you to stop asking that?
I teach Lua (informally) to first-year university students and they find
the HTML version of PiL 1 incredibly useful - and they take ages to get far
enough to even come near the deprecated parts.
  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    eduardoochs@gmail.com
    http://angg.twu.net/