> Just because they are mutually exclusive, doesn't mean you have to close the
> lua state. Is there something else going on to cause you to do that?
> Can't you leave
> them both in existence, and just run one, or the other?
>
> Sam
Hi

Yes there is some other non related system stuff going on that made it easier to kill and create new tasks. I was aware that one possible solution is to retain the Lua state and skip the luaL_loadfile() call on 2nd and subsequent invocations. This would mean a little bit of a fiddly rewrite for other reasons, so I was wondering if there are any other sensible solutions to this problem where I could still kill and create the tasks as needed ?

Regards Geoff