On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's _VERBOSE?

Whoops. That was supposed to be '_VERSION'. Should have been obvious
enough, though :-)

[snip]

> ipairs = 'humpty dumpty'

Well summarized. And as said, that applies to just about any
dynamically typed programming language.

Let me finish my part here with giving you a little thought: If
namespacing elements is a pointless waste of time, why did the Lua
Devs decide to store its IO functions in a table named 'io', or its
Operating system functions in a table named 'os' (and 'math',
'string', et cetera)?

The answer is left open as an exercise to the reader.