On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 08:09:49AM +0200, Sebastien Lai wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > I can send you the link directly but why do you want this if I may ask?
> > We have removed it from Google to help reduce spam and email address harvesting.
>
> Or... Just switch to googlegroups alltogether, since google obfuscates
> email addresses, and in general has likely the best spam filter on
> this planet :-)

The issue is people spamming subscribers, not the list.  I can't
remember the last time we had spam to the list, and most of the
web-accessible archives out there already obscure sender addresses, so
there's no problem.

> It would also make it way easier to find messages sent to lua-l, tbh.

I've never had any problem with searching for messages on any of the
existing archives.  Plus, Googlegroups makes me a sad panda for all
sorts of other reasons.

B.