On 14 September 2011 16:38, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
There is a difference between open source and free software, on the
one hand, and commercial software, on the other hand.

One of the minor frustations for me of the Lue mailing list is the tendency to re-hash discussions that are nothing really to do wth Lua, have been discussed at length (for decades, in some cases) and where there is a lot of information available elsewhere.

Open vs. free software is one of them. 0 vs 1 based arrays and which is "best". Copyright, public domain and how it varies across the world.

I'm expecting a big-endian vs. little-endian discussion any time now. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/ien/ien137.txt

Now, maybe I';m a surly old cumudgeon, but can we try and keep things related to Lua and have the other discussions take place somewhere else?

Paul