Well, since I wrote the letter, I guess I might explain why I did that.

It's about LuaJIT.org. I'd like to see binaries there. Because
binaries are simple and reliable and sources are a hassle and
unreliable.

I think there may be some kind of philosophy (or rather, ideology)
behind not making binaries (and not even linking to them).

Some developers think it is somehow bad to supply binaries. I
understand this to a degree on Unix as there are so many different
binary-incompatible Unixes. I don't understand it on Windows.

But well, I don't care that much anymore, I'll find a way to build
LuaJIT for my systems if I decide to start using it. (Sticking with
plain Lua for now.)

Greetings,
Stefan