On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 02:15:23PM +1000, Daurnimator wrote:
> Its very easy on linux; but for windows users its much harder: i still
> don't have a nicely set up compiler, and building isn't
> straightforward: especially if you want compatibility with any of the
> prebuilt libraries.

Building software is never straightforward on Windows.  I've not done
any Windows-hosted development for years and I disliked it then because
of the faff.  And the number of people who come onto #lua wanting
guidance on the subject would suggest it's gotten no better since.

On the occasions I have to build Windows software, I end up
cross-compiling it from Linux, which is as joyful as I could hope it to
be.  Debian/Ubuntu even ship packages with the compilers and libraries.

B.