Am Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:10:18 -0400
schrieb Ezra Sims <ezra.sims@gmail.com>:

> All you would need to do is host the torrent and provide a link via
> the mailing list. I'm sure there's a few people reading who wouldn't
> mind seeding for you.
>
> Finding trackers for it would be the only marginally difficult part.
> I'd probably start with the Pirate Bay myself - Image aside, they're
> very stable and mirrored/duped by quite a few sites..

It doesn't need trackers anymore or? You just create the torrent and
host it (from slow home) and then the swarm will distribute.

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Stefan Reich <
> stefan.reich.maker.of.eye@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah. You would seed it then? Sounds great. I'm planning to switch to
> > Bittorrent at some point anyway.
> >
> > The only question is, how do we get the file from me to you in the
> > first place. Oh, if you have a server, I could upload it, right?

Bittorrent :) .. if your bandwidth permits (if only for a initial
seeding phase). I am possibly going to setup some way to rsync torrents
and files to our server, but for security/legality reasons this needs
either password or human review then and will take some time to setup.

Btw Its not the case that I have a massive server, just a humble
rootserver (hetzner/germany) with iirc 1TB Traffic limit. I count on as
many people as possible to help here, wasn't that the idea with
bittorrent?

	Christian