On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM, liam mail <liam.list@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 31 August 2011 17:06, Robert Raschke <rtrlists@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Umm, this thread is starting to look like a bit of trolling now.
>
> It's a stack, treat it like one.
>
> Robby

Thanks for the comment which actually looks like you are trolling.

> It's a stack, treat it like one.
The "stack" is really not a stack as per normal convention[1] yet I
would say a list, but this is besides the point.

Both myself and Oliver provide wrapper/binding libraries for Lua and
C++ and we are trying to detect invalid (non acceptable) use of Lua
indicies. The first post in this thread queried acceptable indicies[1]
and the manual makes many many references to this mythical stack space
for which there is no method of determining it using the public API.
How can every function which accepts an index have a precondition that
can not be checked?

Well said Liam! Thanks, you made my day :)

Oliver