Lua Lanes seems very neat for true multithreading. It separates each
thread ("lane")'s data from the other threads' data. So you don't get
the problems of a shared mutable state.

I actually plan to use Lua Lanes in Lua OS as soon as the need arises
to have real physical multitasking. I did some experiments and thus
far, Lanes seems to work well.

(Always better to check for yourself if libraries actually work as
advertised... :)

Cheers,
Stefan