> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
> > How difficult would it be to make Lua true multithreaded?  I know
> that
> > is against the intentions of the inventors, but have experiments been
> > done in this direction?
>
> There is Diego Nehab's LuaThread:

> Remember that it enforces a global interpreter lock and so the
> performance will reflect that.
>
> steve d.

Thanks for your responses. I already checked that, but the links are dead.
Anyway, besides the possibilities to use preemptive, I set out to make this
also a learning experience for cooperative multitasking (other than that I
have no C skills whatsoever, and I'd like to save that for yet another
learning experience on some other project).