LWT relies on lua-wsapi for the WSAPI interoperability, and is unrelated to
the other software packages.

You may want to get in touch with the lua-apr author, since at least the
DB connectivity could be shared between the two projects (i.e. bindings
to APR DB handlers).

I'm not all that happy with the current DBD binding in Lua/APR so I'm open to suggestions, however unfortunately the DBD API is quite limited so I'm not sure how much the current binding can be improved without going around the DBD API. If it's useful to Andre or others I can try to make it possible to compile the memcache and/or DBD bindings standalone just like the libapreq2 binding.

 - Peter