On 17/08/2011 12:20, Lee Hickey wrote:
And one minor point - you might want to reconsider the name. When I, as
a native English speaker, read it, I read it as offal.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offal)

I think it is hard to come with a name that hasn't a negative sense in one language or the other... :-) For example, to remain on this vein, if you name your software Trip, I might complain it sounds too much like French's "tripes", which means guts (also in the culinary sense).

Perhaps one should make a phonetic dictionary of negative (short) words (crap, hell, etc.) in most major languages... But given the number of argot synonyms of such words, it would be a big work! ^_^'

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France