Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev <malkia@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you handle the case where SEEK_END is used? I was looking for
> function in this case to get me the file length in 64-bits, but could
> not find any... (there is no ftello, that returns off_t, instead of long
> which is 32-bit in my case).

I am currently far away from my developments machines, so I gotta rely
on memory and Google. There are two CRT functions involved, fileno() to
go from *FILE to file descriptor and _filelengthi64() which takes a file
descriptor and returns the file length. Something like this:

flen=_filelengthi64(fileno(fh)); // fh is a stream

HTH

--
cheers  thomasl