[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Debugging
- From: Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@...>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:08:23 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: Gabriel Duarte
Date: 8/12/2011 7:44 AM
This list is missing the excellent Tilde debugger/IDE
(http://luaforge.net/projects/tilde/). I have a forked version of it
(https://github.com/jjensen/lua-tilde) with a bunch of incoming changes
that haven't been pushed yet and more I still need to work on. LuaPlus
uses it as its default debugger
through #define LUA_TILDE_DEBUGGER 1).
Take a look at this:
Given that it is C#, I want to spend some time making it work in Mono.
I tried to get in touch with the authors of Tilde at the email address
in their presentation to see if they have an update, but I never
received a response.
My current list of things to fix/update are:
* Allow .vcproj folder hierarchy lookups for files being debugged from
the game instead of matching against the RelativePath field. (Done)
* Auto-connect to the last used connection.
* When lines are inserted/deleted above breakpoints, the breakpoint
images shift, but Tilde does not update the breakpoint locations to send
across the network.
* Add conditional breakpoints.
* Add coroutine-local breakpoints.
* Add a registry viewer.
* Add a Run to Cursor command.
* Add a global environment viewer. (Can currently be achieved by
entering _G in the Watch Window.)
* Tooltip hover of variable's value in the code editor.
* Custom visualizers.
* Direct support for multiple Lua states within the same Tilde instance.