----- Original Message -----
From: Gabriel Duarte
Date: 8/12/2011 7:44 AM
Take a look at this:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/DebuggingLuaCode

This list is missing the excellent Tilde debugger/IDE (http://luaforge.net/projects/tilde/). I have a forked version of it (https://github.com/jjensen/lua-tilde) with a bunch of incoming changes that haven't been pushed yet and more I still need to work on. LuaPlus uses it as its default debugger (https://github.com/jjensen/luaplus51-all/tree/master/Src/tilde and https://github.com/jjensen/luaplus51-all/blob/master/Tools/Lua/Lua/Lua.cpp and https://github.com/jjensen/luaplus51-all/tree/master/Src/LuaPlus, through #define LUA_TILDE_DEBUGGER 1).

Given that it is C#, I want to spend some time making it work in Mono.

I tried to get in touch with the authors of Tilde at the email address in their presentation to see if they have an update, but I never received a response.

My current list of things to fix/update are:

* Allow .vcproj folder hierarchy lookups for files being debugged from the game instead of matching against the RelativePath field. (Done)
* Auto-connect to the last used connection.
* When lines are inserted/deleted above breakpoints, the breakpoint images shift, but Tilde does not update the breakpoint locations to send across the network.
* Add conditional breakpoints.
* Add coroutine-local breakpoints.
* Add a registry viewer.
* Add a Run to Cursor command.
* Add a global environment viewer. (Can currently be achieved by entering _G in the Watch Window.)
* Tooltip hover of variable's value in the code editor.
* Custom visualizers.
* Direct support for multiple Lua states within the same Tilde instance.

Josh