Question: Is there a debugger for Lua?
Lua comes with debugger interface, so that users can write their own monitoring code (e.g., for a debugger, tracer, or profiler) through the Lua Debug library . Some examples are below.
- Inline / Command line debuggers
- Graphical debuggers
- See LuaIntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments.
- For SciTE, see SciteDebug (No watch window in debugging).
- [Software Verification Lua Memory Validator]
- [Software Verification Lua Bug Validator]
- [Decoda] is Graphical debugger with remote debugging support (Debugging does not work "from the box")
- [GRLD] - graphical remote lua debugger with source code, free of charge for non-commercial use. Works with lua-jit too. (Does not work "from the box". Very buggy.)
- [ZeroBrane Studio] Lua IDE with integrated remote debugger, stack view, watch view, remote console, static analyzer, and more. Works with LuaJIT, Love2d, Moai, and other Lua engines. Windows, OSX, and Linux. Open source.
- [akdebugger] Debugger and editor for Lua. Plugin for Eclipse.
- [LuaEdit] Lua IDE for Windows with integrated remote debugger
RecentChanges · preferences
edit · history
Last edited December 15, 2013 10:46 pm GMT (diff)