On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
> I'm a Lua guy, but I prefer locals by default and grouping by
> indentation, if I had my druthers (which of course I never will).
> Here's why I prefer grouping by indentation:
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/tpromag/199908/index.htm#_readability

Indeed, those features are perfect for trivially tiny example programs
... :]

Actually, trivially tiny example programs are the only place that unindented code makes sense. Any real code relies on indentation to help coder visualize its block structure.  So to make indentation a requirement for code is "forcing" you to do something you already have to do for anything more than trivial programs.

Good unit testing, naming convensions, logical structure, encapsulation, and language tools (syntax highlighting, lint, code formatter, etc) matter way more than white space.

Gotta wait until all the python programmers are dead I suppose...

-miles

This kind of comment is unacceptable on a public forum. Many programmers know more than one programming language. Think of that next time you post.

Oliver