Hello again,

I have just installed the Windows SDK and compiling seems to have gone without errors now
I still wonder though why it didn't with the default Visual Studio compilers, hmm

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help!

2011/8/5 Mike Pall <mikelu-1108@mike.de>
brav sein wrote:
> I've been getting myself into the topic of LuaJIT recently, and have now
> tried to compile LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta8 on my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine, using
> Visual Studio 2010.
> (Building LuaJIT-1.1.7 worked just fine)
>
> As suggested in the manual, I ran the "msvcbuild.bat" file, and got a bunch
> of linker errors at the end of compilation, which I have included at the end
> of my email (the warnings on top are not related, but I added them as they
> might contain something useful too)

Well, something went royally wrong there. LuaJIT compiles with
zero warnings with the Windows SDK (which contains just the
command line compiler from Visual Studio).

First, it looks like a 32 bit build (which is probably not what
you want). And other errors look like builtins are disabled, but
some extra warnings are enabled and so on. Really strange. Maybe
the environment variables are not properly set up. Or are you
trying to do a managed C++ build (that's not going to work)?

I don't have VS2010, so I can't say much about it. But it ought to
work (it certainly does with VS2008). Maybe try to install the
Windows SDK (it's free)?

--Mike