lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

2011/8/5 Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev <>
How are you setting up Visual Studio Command Line compiler?

Can you post your environment settings , after you've started the command-prompt:

c:\luajit> set > environment.txt

Later, can you modify msvcbuild.bat so that it prints out the includes:

Change this line
  @set LJCOMPILE=cl /nologo /c /MD /O2 /W3 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
 to this:
  @set LJCOMPILE=cl /nologo /c /MD /O2 /W3 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /showIncludes

Can you also remove all "@" from msvcbuild.bat, they are making sure nothing is printed out. Then can you run and save the results somewhere

C:\luajit> msvcbuild > output.txt

I'm compiling here with Windows DDK with just a little change to the batch file, and have no problems. But I've never bothered to compile with VS2005, VS2008, VS2010.

Here are my prebuilt executables:
Look into ufo/bin/Windows/x86 or x64
The build batch files are in ufo/build/Windows, but to use them you need Windows DDK, and several libraries installed + cygwin installed too (I use some of it's tools).

On 8/5/2011 12:07 PM, brav sein wrote:
Good day,

I've been getting myself into the topic of LuaJIT recently, and have now
tried to compile LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta8 on my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine,
using Visual Studio 2010.
(Building LuaJIT-1.1.7 worked just fine)

As suggested in the manual, I ran the "msvcbuild.bat" file, and got a
bunch of linker errors at the end of compilation, which I have included
at the end of my email (the warnings on top are not related, but I added
them as they might contain something useful too)
Unfortunately however, those errors didn't change my cluelessness about
what I did wrong!

Here the link to the error messages:

Thanks for reading and best regards,

Thanks for your reply,

I haven't set up the compiler in any special way, the build script is apparently using the one that came with Visual Studio

Here are my environment settings:
And the buildlog created using the steps you explained:

(The /showIncludes option did not work: "Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/showIncludes'")