On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 16:44, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:30, Dimiter "malkia" Stanev <malkia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I actually want to buy the book (electronic PDF copy).
>>
>> I'm in US - is Feisty Duck the only store that sells it?
>
> I'm surprised that there is no Kindle edition on Amazon.
>
> Alexander.

Hello Alexander,

>From the product description page: "Digital format: PDF, EPUB, Kindle
(Mobi)". I am curious - why would you want to buy the book from Amazon
instead of directly from the publisher?

1. In Feisty Duck web site
(https://www.feistyduck.com/services/digital-publishing/index.html)
they say 75% of the profit goes to the author (or original
publisher?), which I guess is more generous than Amazon (please
correct me if I am wrong here).

2. I cannot find the information and did not make the purchase (yet)
to tell by experience, but if Feisty Duck gives you all the three
formats with the purchase without DRM applied (like O'Reilly does for
many of their eBooks), then this offer seems superior to what Amazon
will give you (DRM, locked to use Amazon Kindle reader / app).

The only downside is if you do not like your name printed in the book
(if the book is received by Feisty Duck in DocBook format)?

Frans