On 18/07/2011 00:38, James McKaskill wrote:
On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 16:40, Shmuel Zeigerman<shmuz@013net.net>  wrote:
However, ffi.dll has dependency on msvcr100.dll, and the other libraries I
use are built with MinGW and depend on msvcrt.dll (there may be problems
with different runtimes). Are there plans to make luaffi build with MinGW?

So there are two aspects to MinGW support:
a) build luaffi with mingw - this should work mostly out of the box
with some minor modifications to the makefile (post back any build
errors if you find any)
b) whether mingw follows the same ABI as msvc - this I'm not sure on

Either way I'd give modifying the makefile a try and see if the tests pass.

Even with no other libraries, ffi.dll (built from GIT head) segfaults when running test.lua. What's odd, when I rename test.lua to test_modif.lua, it runs OK. The reason (I think) - my lua5.1.dll and lua.exe are built with MinGW.

--
Shmuel