On 19/07/2011 18.32, Leo Razoumov wrote:
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:11, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>  wrote:

I would like to suggest that, each time we receive an email like this
("unsubscribe), we *all* should be polite and helpful. Each member of the
list should send a *private* message to the sender explaining him how
to unsubscribe.

-- Roberto

Kind of self-contradictory suggestions. When, as you suggested, each
member of the list sends a private message to the poor guy, his inbox
will be filled with a thousand of "polite" emails. The whole thing, on
the other hand, would not look anything like polite anymore:-)

Maybe this was inteded ;-) Sort of "polite collective sarcasm" or "RTFM before subscribing to a mailing list" ? :-)

Probably Roberto remembers too well the mess that has arised during the last provider switch of lua-l, with all those (sometimes not very polite) "unsubscribe" messages flooding the list! :-)

--Leo--

-- Lorenzo