On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 02:56, Pascal J. Bourguignon
<pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 04:19, Vafa Khalighi <vafa018@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> What text editors are suitable for lua programming on Mac OS X?
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Textadept [1] is a fast, minimalist, and extensible programmer's text
>> editor for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. Most of it is written in Lua
>> with some C code whenever required.
>
> Well, if you have to scoop away a cup of tea, yes, a spoon is a fast,
> minimalist and extensible tool.
>
> But if you're a professionnal programmer and your job is to scoop the
> ocean, then avoid the spoons.  Use the industrial strength,
> professionnal tool: emacs.
>

> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__                     http://www.informatimago.com/
> A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}.

Pascal,
I have been a heavy emacs user for the last 15 years. This not
withstanding I am always open to look at alternatives.
I am afraid,  you are missing the point of this thread. It is *not*
about which editor is the best (whatever best actually means) but
rather what is out there. Each individual's needs are different and
are met by different means. Let's keep to the point.

What, in your opinion,  makes textadept unsuitable of "scooping an ocean"??

--Leo--