On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:00:52AM +0200, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
> IMO programming is *science*, *engineering* and *art*. Religion has
> nothing to do with it. If someone will ever convince me of something
> regarding programming on a "religious" argument, in that moment I will
> know I've become a slightly worse programmer.

But to return to what after all is the title of this thread: preference
for a particular editor is much like adherence to a particular religion.
Few people know more than one well enough to make a considered choice,
whatever you have come to know and love is good enough for you, and you
get annoyed with people who try to persuade you otherwise.

Dirk