Patrick Meehan wrote:
[...]
> There's also Moai SDK, an open source C++/Lua based game engine. It
> isn't required for using the cloud service, but if mobile game
> development is your thing you may want to check it out too.

That looks extremely interesting. What do you reckon the difficulty
would be in porting to a new platform? How would it handle devices with
different input schemes (such as game controllers, TV remotes, etc)?

[...]
> The SDK is released under the CPAL license.

Mmm, 4500 words. Feel the legal goodness!

What's the executive summary of the license terms? My observations so
far are:

- attribution clause
- when used as a component in an application, the application is not
required to be licensed under the CPAL
- if the CPAL-licensed software is modified, the modifications *are*
required to be licensed under the CPAL, and there's a GPL-like
requirement that source be made available for a period

Is there anything else noteworthy about it?

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup