On 6/28/2011 3:50 AM, Dave Collins wrote:

I suppose it has UTF-16, right? If you can output UTF-16 glyphs in
whatever window interface you have, then you only need to put in
the appropriate (double) bytes in a Lua string to pass onto
whatever you are using to display text on your app. That's one
scenario of the many possible ones.

Well, I have yet to find a description of how to actually output a code, or a list of what the codes are.

Whether your app can or cannot display Unicode text does not depend on Lua; it depends on what C library call or Win32 API or similar calls you are using to output text, based on how Lua is integrated. print() to console? Win32 calls in WM_PAINT? Do you know what UTF-16 or UTF-8 is? Or what is the level of Unicode support in Win CE etc?

IMHO only you can know or find out what the capabilities of the specific, particular setup you are using. That's about all I can say... perhaps others on the list can offer something more.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)