On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 08:52:54PM +0100, Gavin Wraith wrote:
> In message <20110623191039.GA12067@mike.de> you wrote:
>
> > Gavin Wraith wrote:
> > > Some kind of hand-holding documentation to explain step by step what
> > > must be done to compile LuaJIT would be very welcome.
>
> >   For a minimal target OS, you may need to disable the built-in
> >   allocator in src/Makefile and use TARGET_SYS=Other.
> >
> > That should be all you need to do. Maybe BUILDMODE=static, too.
> > Having GNU Make on the cross-compile host is mandatory, though.
>
> I was hoping to compile it on the RISC OS machine. I have GNU Make
> 3.81 on that, though I do not use it or GCC for compiling straight Lua.
> I use a thing called the Norcroft C compiler. This has the advantage
> of providing a shared C library.

Although its C library is lacking somewhat; UnixLib, while fat, is fast
and has excellent coverage.

> No dynamic linking in RISC OS yet.

Cough.  I think you'll find there is, it's just not widely used :)

I would suggest any attempts to build LuaJIT for RISC OS should be done
with a cross compiler.  Not only will it build an order of magnatude
faster, it means the build environment is more like what most Makefiles
will expect.

B.