Från: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] för Roberto Ierusalimschy [roberto@inf.puc-rio.br]
Skickat: den 22 juni 2011 19:02
Till: Lua mailing list
Ämne: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.2.0 (beta-rc2) now available

> As I said, I think I read in an old message by Roberto or Luiz (in
> an old of those endless threads about the beauty of continue) that
> Lua team wasn't in principle contrary to the introduction of
> continue as a counterpart of break, but the problem was that it was
> too tricky to get it right with the current (5.1.4) semantics of
> repeat-until because of the possibility of bypassing the scope of a
> local declared after the continue (*IIRC* - please feel free to
> correct me if I'm wrong).

You are :) The problem with repeat-until was only a detail. The main
problem with continue was (and still is) that, for us, it is just one of
many different forms of "domesticated goto" and we did not see why to
include this one without including the others. (We could argue the
same about 'break', BTW.)

-- Roberto