On 14/06/2011 14.10, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lorenzo reports that he has got "an UPXed srlua.exe statically linked

Does srlua.exe really work if it is UPXed?

Sorry for the late reply. Very little free time lately and lua-l has really exploded after 5.2 beta!

Yes srlua.exe and also wsrlua.exe can be upxed and then glued to the Lua script and do work!

I'm trying to bundle (static linking) a slightly modified srlua with Steve's winapi in order to make a simple standalone exe "compiler" that would allow automation on windows systems a la AutoiIt, but with "Full Lua Power(tm)" ;-)

I have something working, but it is really minimal and since I'm not really a C programmer (and still relatively a novice in Lua), I have some doubts about the resulting code quality. We'll see. I'll keep in touch with Steve by PM, since he kindly offered some help in reviewing it.

Don't hold your breath, though. I'll be very busy with my job in the next 2/3 weeks, and I don't know how regularly I'll be able to work on it.

Cheers,
-- Lorenzo