2011/6/15 phlnc8 <phlnc8@gmail.com>
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Alexandre Erwin Ittner
<alexandre@ittner.com.br> wrote:

> A "label" keyword would be great too, but it will break so much code.

 I like this idea of a "label" reserved word. If I get correctly your
idea, it would be used as:
  goto xyzzy
  label xyzzy
  do_something()

- Yes, 'label' is a new reserved word, but 'goto' also.

- Reserving 'label' would break existing code but
(1) this is accepted for new versions of the language, and
(2) other changes may break more code (think about 'module()' removal)

- it goes well with the Lua "keyword-rather-than-Perlish-special
chars" approach,

- it fits well with 'label is a statement'

Phil

+1 for label keyword. it's a genius idea!