[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.2.0 (beta-rc1) now available
- From: phlnc8 <phlnc8@...>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:59:13 -0400
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Alexandre Erwin Ittner
> A "label" keyword would be great too, but it will break so much code.
I like this idea of a "label" reserved word. If I get correctly your
idea, it would be used as:
- Yes, 'label' is a new reserved word, but 'goto' also.
- Reserving 'label' would break existing code but
(1) this is accepted for new versions of the language, and
(2) other changes may break more code (think about 'module()' removal)
- it goes well with the Lua "keyword-rather-than-Perlish-special
- it fits well with 'label is a statement'