On 10 June 2011 13:34, en dator <endator@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Mateusz Czaplinski <czapkofan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:22 PM, en dator <endator@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if none got LuaThread I guess I'd better look elsewere for a solution.
> The only other I have seen sofar is lanes/linda.

I assumed you've seen the list on Lua wiki, but after the sentence
quoted above I'm not so sure, so as there's some small chance that
this might be helpful to you:
   http://lua-users.org/wiki/MultiTasking

greetings
/M.

Maybe my statement was a bit harsh, I should probably have said that the only solution I have seen that looks interesting :)

I have read the wiki page although not lately and I have missed its last incarnation, I can't see it change anything though. I need concurrent active threads, not coroutines.

LuaThread with its shared state is ideal, Lanes with its message passing will probably work too even if the rewrite will be larger than I would want.

regards
1d

Slightly offtopic:
Just to note that Doug's Lua Programming Gems entry on the page[1] currently points to the wrong project.

[1] http://www.lua.org/gems/