On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Fabio Mascarenhas <mascarenhas@acm.org> wrote:
> I agree that LuaFileSystem needs some love, and probably a redesign,
> reusing some of the existing POSIX bindings where it can.

It is always a challenge to do cross-platform well, and lfs does fine
at what it does.  I think there are common concepts in these operating
systems that can be usefully abstracted (like hard links). Windows
does not make much effort to expose this functionality through the C
runtime, hence no lstat is available; but the file system does
understand the concept and there are functions to query these things.
Since it was my big mouth that mentioned hard/soft links on Windows, I
would be happy to contribute code towards this functionality.

steve d.