On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:50 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
>> Over the past couple of weeks I've filed a number of mostly trivial
>> bugs, often with patches, against various Project Kepler projects,
>> like LFS and LuaDoc.
>
> Since the demise of the Kepler Project as a formal entity it's been
> really quiet, unless Fabio is around. And he is currently in Greece,
> taking pretty pictures ;)

Actually I am back in Rio as of 10 days ago. :-) I got the github
notifications for LuaFileSystem in my email, but judged them all as
low-priority since none of them were bugs, and decided to treat them
as a batch later.

> These projects are important enough to be adopted by people who have
> an interest in keeping these very important projects alive, like
> Matthew with LuaExpat.
>
> For instance, LuaFileSystem has yet to usefully acknowledge that
> Windows has had hard and symbolic links for ten years.

I agree that LuaFileSystem needs some love, and probably a redesign,
reusing some of the existing POSIX bindings where it can.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas