On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Say by writing something like:
> require('strict')
> at the top of your source? :)

The strict library only catches runtime errors which often is not what
you want. You can only catch all of the global variable oopsies by
testing all code paths which is annoying. I've had to write a custom
tool to look for these screw-ups in Nmap's Lua libraries because the
problem badly breaks any code run by multiple threads (coroutines).

> (strict is a built-in standard library? I
> don't have access to a computer to check right now...)

The strict library is not a standard library. It's just an "example"
library (for lack of a better word) that isn't even installed via
`make install`.

--
- Patrick Donnelly