On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
>> There are other, better, options than those two though, e.g., "error by default."
>
> That's crazy talk! You'll be suggesting that Lua should be
> statically-typed next.

Naw....

> Seriously, horses for courses, and "error by default" would not fit with Lua.

Sure it would.  Maybe you (etc) have a different opinion, but I think
I've done enough Lua programming to have a pretty good feel for what
works, and I'd _love_ error-by-default.

Neither global-by-default nor local-by-default is a very good choice
for any but the most trivial programs, and most of the stuff I write
in Lua either tends to be over that threshold, or is essentially all
top-level assignments, with few functions.

-Miles

--
Cat is power.  Cat is peace.