On 2 June 2011 08:49, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, horses for courses, and "error by default" would not fit with Lua.
>
> Sure it would.  Maybe you (etc) have a different opinion, but I think
> I've done enough Lua programming to have a pretty good feel for what
> works,

The very fact that no other common scripting language does this is a
bad sign, but in the case of Lua there's the explicit reason that it's
meant to work for data description (Lua equivalent of JON), things
like:

server = "foo.bar.com"
port = 25

which break if every variable has to be declared.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org