On 6/2/2011 1:42 AM, Greg wrote:
Scintilla looks great. This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks for the
suggestion!

As I looked into it more, it appears that that Scintillua requires Scintilla.  I
don't want the whole control - just the lexing for lua.  I'm not sure how easy
it will be to separate the lexer from Scintilla.

Adapting it to your app is a practical option. Just take LexLua.cxx as a recipe or specification -- it's only 384 lines, quite readable, and does folding too. Once I took the highlighting part, ported it to Lua and made a wiki-like highlighter for Lua code, it came up to ~260 lines.

As a bonus, the latest release has been updated for highlighting Lua 5.2 code too.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)