Hi all,

I downloaded and unpacked the lua-gd tar, and doing a 'make' gave this:

/bin/sh: gdlib-config: not found
/bin/sh: gdlib-config: not found
Package lua5.1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lua5.1.pc'
No package 'lua5.1' found
/bin/sh: gdlib-config: not found

There is no lua5.1.pc on my system (Ubuntu 10.04 64bit).

The deb for ubuntu 32 bit installed easily and worked perfectly on another computer.

Any hints?

(Note that IMHO lua installs easily and works perfectly on the various compuers I've tried, but trying to install any additional libraries is often a nightmare. I'd not even bother to use Lua because of that, except that I like it better than the alternatives. :)

tia,
g.