On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Lua List-
>
>        I was wondering if I could pick your collective brain about the best way to support Lua on Cloud Foundry:  http://cloudfoundry.org. Is WSAPI pretty much the standard? I do not want to make the support for a specific framework like Kepler opr Orbit. I'd rather make it lowest common denominator like WSAPI so folks can run whatever type of Lua web development toolkit they want on top of this system.
>
>        I have a preliminary prototype working using xavante. I'd like it to be super easy for folks to just throw CGILua scripts in their doc root as well as lua server pages *.{ls,lp} and have them just work. But I'd also like more advanced folks to be able to tweak and write their own WSAPI handlerss so they can run whatever framework they like.
>
>        Can anyone who does web dev in Lua give me some pointers or let me know what the Lua community would like to see as far as Lua support in Cloud Foundry?

Hi Ezra,

I've used mod_lua with Apache 2.4 alpha, wsapi+fastcgi with nginx and
the lua nginx module.

Mod_lua still has some design flaws, otherwise I'd have picked mod_lua
for your project.

The nginx module might be more difficult to integrate because of the
way it handles cache and depends on what you put in your nginx
configuration. It's also not completely stable yet. As of today, I use
mostly the nginx module though but I haven't done anything serious
with it yet ( here is a phpinfo equivalent running on a very slow vm
with cache turned off : http://lua.la/info.lua ). I'm planning to
invest more time with the nginx module in the future.

Wsapi might be the most generic solution for you as of today.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam