On 19 May 2011 01:43, Drake Wilson <drake@dasyatidae.net> wrote:
> Quoth David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org>, on 2011-05-18 19:16:20 -0400:
>>
>> On naming, my first (incorrect) impression was that Squeeze might have
>> something to do with data compression, like Lua Squish.
>
> I confused it with the Debian release "squeeze", which is named after the
> same character from Toy Story, if I'm not mistaken.

The nice thing about Debian release names is that they're gone and
forgotten within a few years. I'd also thought of the implication of
compression: that's not bad, actually, since Squeeze hopefully reduces
vastly the amount of code you have to write.

As to typical input and output, I'm open to suggestions: at present
the input is a header file and the output is a Lua table containing
bindings for whatever's in the header file. (The output is not source,
but binary: the table is generated on the fly by calling alien.) I'll
at least make that clearer in the README file.

By the way, you say there's a proliferation of binding generators, but
I'm only aware of two others that can parse C headers directly in some
sense: SWIG and LuaFFI (in LuaJIT). Any more I should look at?

Thanks for the feedback!

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org