On Apr 28, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Mike Pall wrote:

> [Whether LuaJIT with or without a JIT compiler would pass an
> App Store review is a different issue. But I think this
> discussion is off-topic for the Lua mailing list.]

Whether one agrees or not with Apple's choices is arguably off-topic, but since there are a lot of Lua developers who may well be looking at iOS development, it's probably worth clarifying the current rules which essentially say:

* No downloading code (because it basically makes the whole review process moot)

* No JIT'ing (because disallowing pages from being marked executable eliminates one malware vector)

So, Lua is fine (and there are a lot of AppStore titles that use Lua) and the LuaJIT interpreter should be fine, but the JIT portion of LuaJIT would not be fine (though it would presumably fail before you even got to the review).

Mark

P.S. Thanks, Mike, for making this happen.