>> [I want to let the ARM interpreter sit in the git repo for a week
>> or two of testing and then release beta7. Work on the ARM JIT
>> compiler will start after that.]
>
> Heading to test 'scimark.lua' on my iPhone 3GS :)

Unfortunately I encountered serious problem compiling LuaJIT for iOS devices:
#error "Only ARM EABI is supported"

iOS seems to use its own ABI described at rather than standard EABI:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Xcode/Conceptual/iPhoneOSABIReference/

However got no clue how much it is different from standard ARM's EABI.

FYI also one problem I encountered it was:
#error "Need at least GCC 3.4 or newer"

But I solved it installing macport GCC 4.5.2 (as described in previous posts). Xcode (and developer tools) stuck with GCC 4.2.x because, GCC 4.3 moved to GPLv3 :/ It is also one of the reasons they no longer support GCC and moving to their own Clang.
Anyway it took 1.5h to compile GCC 4.5.2 on my MacBook, so maybe there's some workaround to Xcode's GCC 4.2.1 when compiling ARM's port?

But going back to ABI issue, is EABI fragile part of LuaJIT ARM port or it can be easily tuned to other ABI, like iOS one?

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki