David Given wrote:
> Unfortunately after building it just fails:
>
> $ luajit-2.0.0-beta6
> LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta6 -- Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Mike Pall. http://luajit.org/
> luajit-2.0.0-beta6: attempt to call a nil value

Uh oh? That's very strange. What happens if you run some simple
scripts from the command line? E.g. luajit -e 'print("hello")'

> Is there anything special I need to do to build the ARM version? It
> *looks* like it's autodetected the ARM (build log messages about x64
> notwithstanding).

Umm, you made a native build? Or a cross-build? The install docs
in the git repo have detailed instructions for ARM cross-builds.

Also ... what message about x64? I don't think there should be any.

> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> Processor	: Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
> BogoMIPS	: 1192.75
> Features	: swp half thumb fastmult edsp
> CPU implementer	: 0x56
> CPU architecture: 5TE

Well, it's a strange beast. Not an ARM9E, but it has ARMv5te.
I think it ought to work, though.

> $ gcc -v

This looks like a barebones GCC build. Better specify --with-cpu
and/or --with-arch when building GCC for ARM. I'm not sure what it
defaults to otherwise ... ARMv1? ;-)

You can still specify -mcpu=... later on (override CCOPT_ARM on
the make command line). This CPU doesn't have Thumb-2, so better
use -marm, too.

--Mike