Josh Haberman wrote:
> Mike, is there a reason to error out on machines that support
> Thumb?

No, I simply haven't tested this mode, yet.

The core of the interpreter always uses ARM mode. The crazy
assembler code there wouldn't work in Thumb mode. But you can
still compile the C part of the VM in Thumb mode (saves ~30%).

Apparently the GNU linker is smart enough to fix up the
interworking branches and -mthumb-interwork isn't needed. After
looking at the disassembly and some more testing, I've concluded
that it 'ought to work' (famous last words) and removed the #error.

> Here are my scimark.lua numbers:

Oh, well. Floating-point benchmarks are not a good way to compare
soft-float VMs. Maybe try again with fannkuch or nsieve. :-)

--Mike