I would be very glad to announce the first beta release for Lubyk during the workshop. I could make a talk on some funky aspects of Lubyk such as

1. distributed computing using Lua and ZeroMQ
2. OpenGL/OpenCV live coding with Lua
3. (live coding of custom hardware with Lua)

In order to demonstrate point (3), I still need to fix some issues with the embedded version of Lubyk (mainly avahi related issues) but that should be manageable before September.

;-))

Estou ansioso para vê-lo neste workshop !

Gaspard

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Peter Cawley <lua@corsix.org> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
> Am 14.04.11 14:05, schrieb Roberto Ierusalimschy:
>>> Maybe Lua Team should establish at least some minimal procedure and deadlines?
>>
>> We have been talking and it seems we can settle with Switzerland. Oxford
>> is out, Santa Barbara got too few votes, and the others do not seem real
>> options (e.g., no organizer, no details). And Marc seems really eager to
>> host it :)
>>
>> Now we need dates.
>
> The date is set now:  The workshop will take place september 8. - 9.
>
> We already made some hotel arrangements (we get a reduced price at some
> places) and the location for the social event/dinner on thursday, 8th,
> is reserved.  Details will follow.
>
> Now we need talks.

It looks fairly plausible that I could attend, and I have ideas for
two talks, tentatively titled:
1) Performing arbitrary code execution with malicious Lua bytecode.
2) Automatically converting C API to LuaJIT FFI at runtime by tracing
C functions.