On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM, joshua simmons <simmons.44@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jakob and myself have been toying with this idea for quite a while now.
> https://github.com/JakobOvrum/Loco Not super useful yet but we've just been
> throwing around ideas really.
> If people could define what they need from a documentation system that'd
> probably be good.

Should work for code both implemented in C, and in lua, and in a
mixture of C and lua.

Should support lightweight markup, javadoc-style is OK, markdown with
some extensions would be nice.

Should be able to figure out function/method name and parameter names
from the definition.

Should be able to be told whether functions are intended to be called
as methods (: with implicit self).

Would be really nice to have an abstract output (lua tables...?), with
a concrete generator for HTML, but  the possibility for man pages,
text, xml, etc.

Thats my with list. I've a cheesy utility that I use because its
simple, gives text output, and hides the difference between C and lua
(and doesn't do much else).

And personally, I don't care what language its written in, as long as
the language has built-in regular expressions. ;-P

Cheers,
Sam