I think I would prefer CamelCase if I had to choose. My personal preference is the modern standard of PascalCase everywhere except locals and maybe privates, I haven't even worked with the two styles you've described.

As for Lua naming of native functions, I think it's a very bad style. It happened to look plausible with relatively short names of base functions, but to continue using it for custom stuff would mean to really struggle with naming, because names like "someclassproxy" wouldn't make any sense.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rozhenko                 mailto:sergroj@mail.ru