On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 14:38, Daniel Silverstone
<dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 02:21:29PM +0300, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
>> "This MIT-licensed Lua module binds hiredis[1] C client library for
>> Redis[2] server."

>> Please tell me how can I improve above sentence to match this guideline.

>> It is a Redis client library. I do not know how to explain it clearer, sorry.

>> Please, *please*, do explain your concerns clearer. And do not overquote.

> I believe the request is for an additional bit along the lines of:

> Redis is a network-attached "data structure" server capable of storing strings,
> hashes, lists, sets etc.

> Because currently, to someone who knows nothing about what Redis actually is,
> your announcement reads like:

> This MIT-licensed Lua module binds FOOBLEJAM[1] C client library for
> GRUNDLEBURGER[2] server.

> You can therefore understand the confusion :-)

Well, I suspected that this may be the case.

But if a person does not know what GRUNDLEBURGER server is, why would
he ever need my module? And for the rest it would be extra completely
useless paragraph to skip.

Given the relatively high hype level around GRUNDLEBURGER technology,
I guessed that the majority on the list would know what this is about
— on the level that could be expressed by the above description at
least.

Alexander.