2011/3/25 Mateusz Czaplinski <czapkofan@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Announcing lua-hiredis release 0.1.

>> https://github.com/agladysh/lua-hiredis

>> This MIT-licensed Lua module binds hiredis[1] C client library for
>> Redis[2] server.
>> [...]

> Quoting a recent post by Sam Roberts:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:

>> lua-l is getting high traffic, and checking out other people's
>> libraries to see what their value
>> proposition is is time consuming. A few lines about what it does is
>> useful.

"This MIT-licensed Lua module binds hiredis[1] C client library for
Redis[2] server."

Please tell me how can I improve above sentence to match this guideline.

>> Announcements about "binding to foozit-3", should say what foozit-3 is for, so
>> readers who've never heard of foozit might realize its what they've always
>> wanted and never knew existed.

"This MIT-licensed Lua module binds hiredis[1] C client library for
Redis[2] server."

Please tell me how can I improve above sentence to match this guideline.

>> Announcements of alternatives to existing libraries (yet another
>> bitop, unit test,
>> binding approach, etc.), should mention some of the distinctive features vs
>> its competitors.

Now, there are no existing hiredis bindings, so this is not applicable.

> Please, *please* do follow that kind request. Adding one short
> sentence on what the wrapped library actually does would make quite a
> few people happier.

It is a Redis client library. I do not know how to explain it clearer, sorry.

Please, *please*, do explain your concerns clearer. And do not overquote.

Alexander.